“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Over the past couple of weeks I have been working exclusively with the matte gel and I am really happy with the results. The rough texture and crinkly surface of the material provides beauty and ugliness at the same time. It provides a sense of volume that the luster gel's smooth surface lacks...Since my last posts, I have explored two different forms of presentation other than the pedestal. I created a collage of larger prints sewn together which I tacked to the wall and am in the process of creating a three-dimensional piece by using clear fishing line to hang my smaller compositions from above to create the illusion that they are floating. I have inspiration to make this into a much larger instillation but am still debating about the details...a curtain effect? something you can walk through? be surrounded by?







No comments:

Post a Comment