“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Took some self-portraits this past weekend for new material to work with and tonight I worked on the gel transfers for the compositions I picked out. These portraits have a lighter color pallet than my last two works...am trying out matte finish instead of luster so see if it enhances the skin-like quality of the pieces. Interestingly, the matte acrylic gel made the compositions expand when wetted; I'll see if they shrink back to normal size tomorrow. I'm still contemplating on whether I like the larger or smaller compositions....so many questions when you start something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment