“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Reflections and something new...

I feel a little different than how I did at the start of this school year. Looking back on my feelings and on my work that I have produced over the past two years, I'm beginning to feel a sense of relief and lightness that it seemed I had lost through all the grief and struggle and my determination to keep my head above the raging currents of emotions that always threatened to take me under....The world is just so...amazing, amazing. Amazing and crazy and without control. Sitting down with my computer today, I realized that I didn't feel quite so heavy, and I felt as if a film has begun to lift off opening up my soul to a breath of fresh air... I had been sad for so very long. Some sorts of pain never truly go away but time gives perspective and eventually you start noticing the spots of color again that melt over the gray... and a good book always seems to help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment