“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bought glass and plexiglass from Lowe's today to make a small mockup with 8''x11'' paper... I found out that thick 0.5 inch plexiglass is pretty expensive as it only comes in really large sheets that I have to order. I ended up purchasing a .08 sheet which the salesman cut into 6 pieces for me so that I could layer them for a 0.48 thickness to try out...unfortunately the more pieces I include in the equation, the less clean and simple the overall appearance will be since I was hoping for. There was a 0.22 inch plexiglass sheet they had in stock which I may settle for if people don't think it makes much of a difference...I'm trying to keep things as cost efficient as possible since I'm contemplating showing around 8-12 13''x19'' images for the show.

This picture doesn't show the effect well. I'll bring the mockup to thesis critique on Wednesday to see what people have to say...


No comments:

Post a Comment