“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Friday, April 11, 2014

Photos from my eighth session...yesterday morning I photographed my younger brother. He is seventeen and lives in Japan with my mom. I don't get to see him much anymore and sometimes I forget that he has suffered many of the same losses in life that I have. Separation can alter and transform relationships...In many ways he has matured without me, and now suddenly there's a young man behind the glass that I haven't even met yet.

Isolation...sometimes it causes us to forget what we can't see. Isolated in our own world, in our own head. What happens when we reconnect with what was once lost? Can we find our way back...will the connecting threads bind us together again? ...And if not? Are we truly all alone in our personal glass box? What does it mean to be able to see but not touch? Or to feel but not see? What happens to those threads...the ones cut loose left blowing in the wind...







Words that came up recently...
...honest...revealing

No comments:

Post a Comment